Assistant Building Performance Analyst
The Green Engineer, Inc. seeks an individual with an interest in building energy modeling and sustainable building design & construction to join our team as an Assistant Building Performance Analyst. Excellent opportunity to work on many high-profile projects with a well-respected and dedicated team of sustainability experts. This is an entry-level, full-time position.
The Assistant Building Performance Analyst (BPA) will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist BPAs in energy modeling tasks and other analysis to evaluate building designs and inform and inform the integrated design process.
- Review project drawings and specifications to verify equipment and materials for energy modeling
- Participate in client meetings to discuss sustainable design, energy reduction strategies, and present energy analysis findings.
- Research green building technologies, trends, materials, etc.
- Prepare documentation related to LEED energy credits, code compliance, client reports, utility incentives tudies
- Assist with other consulting and LEED duties as needed
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field. Experience preferred.
- LEED Green Associate or LEED Accredited Professional (preferred), ideally with experience on one or more LEED projects.
- Energy modeling experience using eQuest, DesignBuilder (EnergyPlus), Open Studio or similar software preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; AutoCAD or other computer-aided design (CAD) software is required.
- Experience with HVAC systems and mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1 and other relevant standards preferred.
- Familiarity with “Green Building” practices, policies, technologies, etc.
- Strong time and project management skills with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-starter with ability to work well independently and as a team player.
- Knowledge of a daylighting analysis software is a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental analysis plug-ins like Ladybug, Honeybee for Grasshoper/Rhino 3D are a plus.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Salary expectations for this position are in the range of $55,000 - $65,000, depending on experience. The Green Engineer, Inc. is a Certified B Corporation and provides excellent benefits including 100% employer paid health care, paid professional development, flex-time, ample PTO, bonuses, profit sharing and more.
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com