Sustainability Consultant I
Share your passion with us and let's create amazing sustainable buildings together.
Excellent opportunity to join a well-respected and dedicated team of sustainability experts in the greater Boston area! The Green Engineer is currently seeking a Sustainability Consultant I with a passion for sustainable building design and construction. Will assist Sustainability Consultants/Project Managers and Building Performance Analysts with planning, management, work delivery, and communication for all aspects of sustainable design guidance including navigation through the LEED/CHPS/WELL certification process.
The Sustainability Consultant I will:
- Assist the Sustainability Consultant / ProjectManager with daily duties including managing and scheduling client meetings,developing sustainability plans, creating and updating the project LEED Mastermatrix.
- Maintain project records and ensure thatdocuments are accurate, complete and appropriately filed.
- Attend client meetings to communicate ratingsystem requirements and provide project specific strategies for achievingsustainability goals.
- Support client and external team throughout theproject, including communication (written and verbal).
- Project analysis and research and preparingcorrespondence such as LEED credit guidance related to each project.
- Assist external team members with thedocumentation process provide detailed guidance as necessary.
- Responsible for quality control/qualityassurance of deliverables and applications submitted by the project team forCertification applications/third party review.
- Review project drawings and specifications forconsistency with sustainability goals and LEED/CHPS/WELL requirements.
- Draft reports, narratives, meeting notes, andother applicable project documents.
- Develop final LEED/CHPS/WELL documentation andsubmit applications to third party review bodies.
- Research green building technologies, trends andmaterials as needed.
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture,Engineering, Construction Management, Planning, Policy, or similar program
- Minimum of 1+ years’ experience in relateeld.
- LEED GA or AP (or committed to taking the LEED AP exam within 6 months) with experience in LEED projects
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with“Green Building” practices, policies, technologies etc.
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and as a team player
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability tomanage competing priorities
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat and MicrosoftOffice Suite
- Strong math and geometry skills
- Practiced with the ability to read construction documents including plans and specifications
- Interest and capacity to learn energy modelingand related software
- Familiarity with mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems
Nice to Haves
- Experience with AutoCAD, Revit and GoogleSketchup
- Familiarity with energy modeling and softwaresuch as EnergyPlus or eQuest
Compensation package is very competitive. Base salary $75-80K, commensurate with experience. Outstanding perks include:
- 100% Employer-paid health care
- Paid professional development
- Unlimited PTO
- Profit Sharing
- and more!
At The Green Engineer, we strongly believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value and are seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
The Green Engineer is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org