Building Performance Analysis
Building Performance Analyst II
Share your passion with us and let's create amazing sustainable buildings together.
The Green Engineer is seeking an experienced Building Performance Analyst with 5+ years of experience with building energy modeling and sustainable building design. Join one of the pioneers of green engineering and work on many high-profile projects! We are an employee-owned MA Benefit Corporation, recognized as “Best for the World” for our environmental performance by B Lab. This position has the option to be remote or located in Concord, MA.
The Building Performance Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Create LEED/Utility quality energy models and perform simplified analysis techniques with minimal oversight to evaluate building designs and inform the integrated design process within the proposed budget.
- Manage all aspects of modeling projects, including client and LEED project management communications (written and oral), expectation setting, problem escalation to Senior BPA or LEED PM, and participation in problem resolution.
- Manage work to meet deadlines and stay within project budget; make internal fee revisions if needed and manage work to stay within revised fee.
- Ability to train assistants to efficiently perform support functions. Review construction documents and specificationsto verify building envelope, HVAC and electrical equipment, and controls details for the purposes of energy modeling.
- Participate in client meetings and proactively inform the design through the integrated design process based on building performance analysis.
- Understand applicable energy codes, local statutory requirements and ability to appropriately respond to code authorities (e.g. GBCI, Utilities etc.) regarding analysis methods and results.
- Research green building technologies, trends and materials.
- Assist with other consulting and LEED duties as needed.
- Participate in specified company public relations and marketing efforts.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field
- 5+ years of related work experience preferred.
- LEED Accredited Professional (preferred), ideally with experience on one or more LEED projects.
- Energy modeling experience required.
- Experience with eQuest, DesignBuilder(EnergyPlus), Open Studio or similar software.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, or other computer-aided design (CAD) software is required.
- Experience with HVAC systems and mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1 and other relevant standards required.
- Familiarity with “Green Building” practices,policies, technologies, etc.
- Building Energy Modeling Professional (BEMP)certification preferred.
- Knowledge of a daylighting analysis software is a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental analysis plug-ins like Ladybug, Honeybee for Grasshoper/Rhino 3D are a plus.
Compensation package is very competitive. Base salary $95K+, commensurate with experience. Outstanding perks include:
- Employee-Ownership Opportunity
- Profit Sharing
- 100% Employer-paid health care insurance
- Paid professional development
- Unlimited PTO bonuses
- and more!
At The Green Engineer, we strongly believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value and are seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
The Green Engineer is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org