Building Performance Analysis
Building Performance Analyst I
Share your passion with us and let's create amazing sustainable buildings together.
Excellent opportunity to join a well-respected and dedicated team of sustainability experts in the greater Boston area! The Green Engineer is seeking a Building Performance Analyst with 0-2 years of experience with building energy modeling and sustainable building design experience.
The Building Performance Analyst will have the following responsibilities:
- Assist Building Performance Analysts in energy modeling tasks and other technical analysis to evaluate building designs and inform the integrated design process.
- Prepare energy models and documentation related to LEED energy credits, code compliance, client reports, utility incentives studies
- Review project drawings and specifications to verify equipment and materials for energy modeling
- Participate in client meetings to discuss sustainable design, energy reduction strategies, and present energy analysis findings.
- Research green building technologies, trends, materials, etc.
- Assist with other consulting and LEED duties as needed
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or related field
- Up to 2 years of related work experience preferred.
- LEED Green Associate or LEED Accredited Professional (preferred), ideally with experience on one or more LEED projects.
- Energy modeling experience required.
- Experience with eQuest, DesignBuilder (EnergyPlus), Open Studio or similar software preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite; AutoCAD or other computer-aided design (CAD) software is required.
- Experience with HVAC systems and mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of ASHRAE 90.1 and other relevant standards preferred.
- Familiarity with “Green Building” practices, policies, technologies, etc.
- Knowledge of a daylighting analysis software is a plus.
- Knowledge of environmental analysis plug-ins like Ladybug, Honeybee for Grasshopper/Rhino 3D are a plus.
Compensation package is very competitive. Salary commensurate with experience. Outstanding perks include:
- 100% Employer-paid health care
- Paid professional development
- Unlimited PTO bonuses
- Profit Sharing
- and more!
At The Green Engineer, we strongly believe in diversity, equity, and inclusion. We value and are seeking candidates of diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives.
The Green Engineer is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique.
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org